Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

The Subject For This Month's Competition Is 'Trees' Click HERE To Enter .... Check Out The NEW Spring Spotting Challenge HERE ....

Welcome to Nature UK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use
but If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features.

There are numerous topics members can take part in that are exclusive to Nature UK
including the yearly photography challenges and the seasonal spotting challenges.
We also have a very comprehensive wildlife identification section along with a monthly photo competition.
Please feel free to share your photos with us and any wildlife discussion you may have.

You can also find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click Here to Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
First Signs Of Spring.
Topic Started: May 18 2008, 11:13 PM (15,989 Views)
Davebutterflyman
Member Avatar

Spring Photos
Quote Post Goto Top

Forget Me Not
Member Avatar
[div style='visibility: hidden']test[/div]
Spring signs on my garden today are the daffodils they are quite high as is the
crocus and snowdrops but the one for me is my Anenome's they have come on
in the last few days and will flower soon.I havent any buds on my trees yet
:spring: :blossom:
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

I've got snowdrops coming through really well now, with their little white buds about 1/1/2'' above the ground, and two daffs are in bud, but I think that's because those are near the house. The bluebells are starting to push through as well.
The birds are certainly getting more lively now, there are two robins in the garden, in fact they've been together for a couple of weeks now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Night Owl
Member Avatar

It's great to hear that there is signs that spring is on the way. We have the bluetit which has taken up residency in the tree and i'm sure will pair up soon.
That's a lovely photo of the rose Sue :cool4:
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

:wow: that is early/late for a rose to be in flower Sue, especially when you think of the very hard penetrating frosts that we've all had. It must have its own central heating system. :giggle:

It's nice to see the buds on your pear tree Di. Fingers crossed, that you'll have more than one pear this year.
Quote Post Goto Top

Davebutterflyman
Member Avatar

Lovely photo of the rose Sue and great to see your pear tree with buds Di.lets hope you get a good crop this year.

The Dunnock has been proclaiming his territory first thing in the morning for about two weeks now.
Quote Post Goto Top

celticsparrow-Jan
Member Avatar

Lovely to see the rose still blooming Sue,your pear tree is looking good Di i hope you get at least one pear each this year.

The birds are certainly starting to sing more not too much longer until we can enjoy the dawn chorus again
Quote Post Goto Top

Night Owl
Member Avatar

Great photo Di fingers crossed you will get a better crop this year :cool2:
Quote Post Goto Top

celticsparrow-Jan
Member Avatar

:ladybird: :wow: Cazza thats really early ,well spotted.
Quote Post Goto Top

Tabatha
Member Avatar

Good photo of the roses Sue (some of them don't seem to die off at all). Your tree is getting ready Di, hopefully you will get a good crop this year.

We have got bulbs coming up in the front garden, daffodils, I think.

:bees:
Quote Post Goto Top

Forget Me Not
Member Avatar
[div style='visibility: hidden']test[/div]
Thats a lovely photo of the rose sue amazing to see it in jan :cool2:
great photo of your pear tree in bud Di, i hope that you get more than one this
year,i planted a pear tree three years ago the first year nothing then last year
like you one :chuckle: now if its like my old pear tree, that fruited every two years
i hope this year will see more fruit
Quote Post Goto Top

Night Owl
Member Avatar

Great photos Tabatha it's lovely to see :spring: is on the way! :clap3:
Quote Post Goto Top

celticsparrow-Jan
Member Avatar

:photo4: lovely pictures Tabatha think all my bulbs are going down instead of coming up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

:wow: that was great to see that ladybird Cazza, let's hope that it survives the winter.

Great photos Tabatha.

I've already put this photo up on 'my garden' thread, as I forgot about this one :doh: so I've put it up on here as well, and when I manage to get a photo of the snowdrops that are out now, I'll put those on here
This is a very lonely daffodil, but it has a friend in the same pot that will be out in a few days.:girlygiggle:
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

poppy
Member Avatar
Diamond Member
Nice to see the new life peeping through Tabatha, lovely photo Marg.
Quote Post Goto Top

Tabatha
Member Avatar

That really is an early daffodil Marg. Thanks for posting.

I actually saw two robins together on Sunday, so I wonder if they could be a mating pair! :robin: :robin:

:spring:
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

Here are some Snowdrops that I've got in the garden.
Posted Image

Posted Image

It wasn't until I took the last photo, that I noticed this one, very lonely Violet.
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Beth-Boe
Member Avatar
Diamond Member
Great photos of the Snowdrops, Marg, and what a pretty Violet. Lovely to see. :thanx:
Quote Post Goto Top

celticsparrow-Jan
Member Avatar

:photo4: so nice to see those Marg ,lovely pictures.
Quote Post Goto Top

Tabatha
Member Avatar

Well done Marg. A nice crop of snow drops and a violet. That is really good for January.

:thanks: for posting

It is very interesting to see what is coming up at the moment. I just hope this next cold snap doesn't finish everything off.
Quote Post Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Spring · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Follow NatureUK on Twitter Follow NatureUK on Facebook
Fresh Graphics Custom Theme By Outline