Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

The Subject For This Month's Competition Is 'Trees' Click HERE To Enter .... Check Out The NEW Spring Spotting Challenge HERE ....

Welcome to Nature UK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use
but If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features.

There are numerous topics members can take part in that are exclusive to Nature UK
including the yearly photography challenges and the seasonal spotting challenges.
We also have a very comprehensive wildlife identification section along with a monthly photo competition.
Please feel free to share your photos with us and any wildlife discussion you may have.

You can also find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click Here to Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Wildlife In Marg's Garden - From My Trail Cam.; Foxes and hedgehogs added 20th April.
Topic Started: Jun 28 2015, 12:21 PM (8,943 Views)
Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

I set my trail cam up for the first time last night. At first I didn't think I'd be able to share because for some reason the photos and footage weren't excepted on my Mac desktop, but for some reason I can at least get it on my MacBook. I can't edit it but at least I can put it up on YouTube. I need to see how I can change all of that.

But here at least is one 10 second bit of footage, and I was thrilled with what I saw, not just 2 fox cubs, but 3 :yay: oh, and a cat, and a mouse, but they're not on this footage. :giggle:

[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwPysyHRaS4[/utube]

Quote Post Goto Top

sensiblenamejohn
Member Avatar
[div style='visibility: hidden']test[/div]
fantastic seeing the cubs and nice of them to pose for you Marg :nod: , my foxes are in and out like a shot :ha:
hopefully i'll get sight of some cubs soon . :Cool:
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

Thanks John, I'm just pleased that Id managed to set it up OK in the end. :grin:

I'm having two problems though, first of all both my computers are struggling i.e they don't except the format, but somehow I've managed to get pass that, but when I edit the footage to include the best bits and make the footage longer, I can't seem to share it anywhere......I'll get there somehow though. :think: :giggle:

Good luck with catching some fox cubs next time. :cool:
Quote Post Goto Top

AnnB
Member Avatar

Great clip of the fox cubs Marg.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grayling
Member Avatar

Great to see Marg :cool3:

Hope you get the problems sorted.

Quote Post Goto Top

celticsparrow-Jan
Member Avatar

How great is that Marg to get footage of fox cubs the first time you use your trail cam lovely to see them.

I can see you are going to get a lot of pleasure from it and I'm sure you will get those problems sorted out :cool1:
Quote Post Goto Top

feedyourhedgehog
Member Avatar

That's wonderful Marg.....great footage :cool:
Quote Post Goto Top

Davebutterflyman
Member Avatar

I'll look forward to watching this when we return home Marg, out internet connection on Pinewoods isn't allowing me to view videos at the moment...it is incredibly slow.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ann, Grayling, Jan and Paula. OK Dave. :cool:

I've set it up again, and this time just to take footage, I did take some photos last time too which were quite good, but to be honest I think I prefer just footage, so I'll see what happens this time.
It's quite exciting to see what's happened down there over night. :grin:

Quote Post Goto Top

Night Owl
Member Avatar

:yes: very exciting to be able to see what's visiting your garden during the night Marg and how wonderful that on your first go you capture fox cubs! :jealous:

I hope you manage to sort out the problems you are having :cool:
Quote Post Goto Top

wildliferanger
Member Avatar
Great footage for a first time, Marg.

Martin.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

A belated thanks Julie and Martin.

I'm still having problems sharing footage from the trail cam at the moment, and I've nearly been pulling my hair out trying to work out how to do it. I've downloaded programmes so that I could format the SD card, but they haven't helped much...possibly through me not knowing what the hell I'm doing. :think: :giggle: so I've gone back to Quick Time Player on my Mac and through trial and error I've managed to do a few. They're still only a very short 12secs long, I've tried editing them so that I could put more footage into each one, but that's just not working, which is a shame.

This was quite sweet to watch, two cubs came out and suddenly one realized that mum was there, but it then this footage has frozen on YouTube, which was a shame because that little one ran after mum, but mum was doing her best to let him/her know, no you're a big boy/girl now, and mum won.

[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe_J29eji1I[/utube]

A bit better view of three of the cubs together.

[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U0esXmd7TQ[/utube]

The footage on this last one was a bit surprise....4 cubs ( even if the 4th one isn't there for long ) But I can now see why I don't see it with the other 3 cubs, it looks like it might be bullied a bit...perhaps the runt of the family? :(
I'm hoping that it always comes back when there aren't any other cubs there.

[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHfJ9xe0uk[/utube]

Thanks for looking.
Quote Post Goto Top

celticsparrow-Jan
Member Avatar

:wow: Lovely to see all the fox cubs Marg great footage :clap2:

I am sure you will work it out Marg you are doing well so far :cool3:
Quote Post Goto Top

Jane
Member Avatar

Lovely clips Marg. :cool2:
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

Thanks Jane and Jan. :grin:
Quote Post Goto Top

Davebutterflyman
Member Avatar

Superb footage Marg, what a great privilege to see four cubs.
Quote Post Goto Top

feedyourhedgehog
Member Avatar

:hug: Poor runty :( I hope it manages a bit of extra food too Marg...........lovely footage :cool:
Quote Post Goto Top

sensiblenamejohn
Member Avatar
[div style='visibility: hidden']test[/div]
great stuff Marg....... :Cool: .... i've just realized that some of the foxes visiting are actually maturing cubs , it's just that i never get to see them as youngsters or as a group . last night my trail cam took several videos and you could compare the size and sex of the individuals .
still really nothing "youtube worthy " ,yet :nope:
Quote Post Goto Top

Night Owl
Member Avatar

:wow1: Fantastic footage Marg and great that you've got 4 cubs visiting :cool2:

Is the problems you're having down to you having a Mac or is something to do with the format?
Quote Post Goto Top

Dovetail-Marg
Member Avatar

Thanks Dave, Paula, John and Julie.

Never mind John, keep trying. :grin:

I think I might have sussed out the trail cam better now and have lengthened the footage and have managed to upload it to YouTube a bit easier this morning. I kept writing everything down that I did with it yesterday and gradually got there. :eyes: :giggle:

Julie I think a lot of it is to do with me having a Mac. Most trail cams don't work on them. This one does i.e. I can watch it on my Mac, but I have been having trouble when it comes to putting it up on YouTube, it just kept refusing. The I remembered ....at long last (:oldlady:..well that's my excuse :giggle: ) that I've got Quicktime, and that converts it. So hopefully ...she says :fingersx: that it'll work from now on.

Anyway here's a minute recording of three of the cubs playing, You can just about hear the little growls as their playing. I hope that you enjoy. :grin:

[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zCrzFsd4BA[/utube]

Thanks for looking.
Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Your Wildlife Films. · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Follow NatureUK on Twitter Follow NatureUK on Facebook
Fresh Graphics Custom Theme By Outline